BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mind Blowing

Have you ever had your mind blown? My definition of having your mind blown is that a belief you previously held is suddenly changed forever by something. That something could be anything. Mostly for me it's music or art, or something I've read, and especially by other people. Oh, and I can't forget food--I have had my mind blown by food on occasion.

Here are some examples:

When I used fresh grated nutmeg for the first time in a cheese sauce. Later, when I ate the sauce, I could taste the nutmeg and realized that the sauce tasted so much better.

The first time I saw the Grateful Dead live.

The movie Star Wars.

The first time I held my baby in my arms and knew just who he looked like.

The first time I felt like someone really "got" me.

Talking to old friends as if not a moment in time has gone by.

Those are just a few, although, honestly, it happens to me all the time.

Luckily, I still have the ability to be surprised. I still have the ability to have my mind blown. I hope I keep it forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I found out my parents weren't superhuman "gods" all-knowing and all-powerful...

Pink Floyd, JFK stadium, 10 people from the stage, the first piano notes of Echoes begin to sound out...

Seeing Dark Star 10/16/89 at the Meadowlands...

Standing in the "pit" at the Newport seeing Umphrey's McGee for the second time, realizing I was old enough to be the father of every other person within my view, but still being accepted as one of them. (Not to mention the band blew my mind...)

Approaching the platform to receive my first, and only, bachelor's degree at the young age of 38...

The first time I listened to the Grateful Dead (Live Dead...) while tripping... Yeah, that was a mind expander!

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol for dogs withdrawal symptoms - tramadol 50 mg ingredients

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no prescription where to buy tramadol online legal - buy tramadol online cheap