BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 12, 2010

Are you raunchier?

Okay, honestly . . . I have never heard more filthy, raunchy, downright nasty language than when I am with my 40-year-old friends. Especially my women friends. I don't know exactly what it is, but women over 40 change. I cannot divulge what we all talk about, but I think grown men would blush. The filthier it is, the harder we laugh. I think it might be hormonal.

Women in their forties are not afraid to talk about sex, not even a little. We've been married, we've had children, we have had many, many life experiences. I suppose we've come to the conclusion that we've all been there and done that. We can't really be shocked. Once you've had a room full of people watch you push a baby out, it takes a lot to be embarrassed. As a matter of fact, I will go on the record as saying I think we ladies are much filthier than the men.

I'm generalizing. Not all women in their forties are like this, just the ones I want to hang out with. I think we are more likely to say what's on our minds, and less likely to give a shit what people think of it. We've paid our dues. It's freeing. Viva la forty! Now, if they would only let us rule the world . . . .

5 comments:

Patty said...

100% agree with you on that one! We have all gone down the same path and don't care much about what people think any more. That can be a scary combination. I think if I were a man dating in my 40s I would be scared! lol

Unknown said...

Not to be crude, but those are the kind of women (and men) I want to hang with, too.

Who wants to have to watch what they say, because it might not be PC or it might come across as crude, raunchy, or TMI? Not me.

I have a friend, with whom nothing either of us said would cause a flinch in the other. It's almost like a contest! Our wives just sort of laugh - I'm pretty sure, at us, not with us. But they still keep us around.

I used to think it was a sickness, some sort of deviance from the norm. I'm coming to realize that it's just a type of person. At least, that's what I think/hope it is.

Hey, women over 40 might have something going on with the raunch factor, and they may even be raunchier than us guys, but this one has no problems with it. :-) We can hang anytime.

S.D.S said...

lol

Unknown said...

Although it's off topic, I have to add that I think we all go through attitude changes as we age, and I don't mean as we mature. Maturing seems to require an intelligent wisdom, where aging can occur with no intelligence or wisdom whatsoever.

My dad was always the guy who just let shit happen. He never spoke up for himself. He was the guy who erred in favor of caution. "Don't get involved," he'd say. "It's none our business." Even as the neighbor kids were beating up on a smaller child.

Today, at 67 years of age, he's not quite "Mr. Wilson" of Dennis the Menace fame, but he's out there telling those kids to leave that little boy alone, then marching them over to their parents.

As we age, our tolerance for b.s. wears thin, and we get a little more bold. When we might have been frightened about repercussions in our youth, as we age they mean less if not nothing.

Maybe this raunchy phase is just a rebellious period we go through on the way to becoming the Mr. and Mrs. Wilson of our future. BTW - Mrs. Wilson was cool; she liked Dennis and baked him cookies. My mom has turned into a Mrs. Wilson.

Gosh, I hope I don't turn into my dad, but I do see some familiar sites on the path I'm taking. :-)

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol online delivered florida - tramadol high booze